DNA extraction kit from saliva at Durviz
Saliva is a substance that can give us a lot of information about a person’s state of health. At Durviz we know how interesting and reliable the data that can be extracted from a person’s saliva is, which is why we have products that facilitate its analysis. It is very important to have first-class products that help us to preserve the saliva sample without any contamination..
For this reason, in our virtual store we have products such as the Real Saliva Collection and Transport, one of the most popular on the market. This kit provides a fast and safe all-in-one method for the collection, stabilization and transport of saliva samples at room temperature.
Its main characteristics are the following:
- Easy collection, transport and processing of saliva samples.
- Painless collection, and non-invasive (as opposed to other systems where samples are taken from patients).
- Allows saliva samples to be stored for 2 years.
- The saliva kept in this kit is preserved and ready to be sent.
- It allows the subsequent isolation of DNA making it an element of excellent quality and integrity.
The operation of this kit is very simple and requires few steps, which speeds up the work in the laboratory. The first thing to do is to collect the saliva samples. This is done by simply spitting into the collection funnel that has been assembled with a collection tube. This eliminates almost 100% of the possibility of contamination.
After collecting 2 millilitres of saliva (container capacity), the content of the saliva preservation solution is added and mixed with the extracted saliva. Finally, the saliva collection tube is sent to the laboratory for further isolation and DNA analysis.
This is usually recommended with the Real Pure saliva kit, which follows the same protocol and
that you get unbeatable results. The saliva samples are kept stably for more than one year at room temperature and more than 2 years if these same samples remain within the following temperature range: -20ºC or -80ºC.
For best performance, the manufacturer also recommends the following for the
when saliva samples are collected and preserved:
1. It is advisable not to eat, chew gum, drink or smoke during the 30 minutes before the saliva sample is taken.
2. It is advisable to wash out the mouth with water and wait for 10 minutes.
3. It is better if the patient rubs his cheeks and the palate with his tongue before collecting the sample. This gesture is sufficient to stimulate the secretion of saliva.
4. Before starting to collect the sample, it is convenient to place the funnel in the saliva collection tube. Then just spit the saliva into the funnel until the liquid (not including the bubbles) reaches the 2 milliliter line in the collection tube. If there are excess bubbles, they should be removed by gently tapping the tube on a hard surface.
5. Remove the blue cap from the saliva preservation solution.
6. Add the saliva-conserving solution to the collection tube.
7. Close the saliva collection tube tightly to avoid accidents or contamination.
8. Shake for 15 seconds to thoroughly mix the products with the saliva.
9. Once this procedure is done, the saliva sample is now preserved and ready to be stored, shipped or processed.
For all these reasons, this new model of Saliva Collection Kit is one of the most popular on the market. And one of the most popular among laboratory professionals.