Biocomma is a means of transporting and preserving any virus (virus inactivation). A proposal with which it is possible to carry out the collection of samples, avoiding the risk of aerosol infection.
Y is that Biocomma is a solution that allows to inactivate the virus sample in time avoiding infections and protecting the RNA from degradation.
This system can be used for the collection and transport of samples from: clinical influenza, avian influenza, HFMD, measles and other virus samples as well as mycoplasma, ureaplasma, chlamydia and other samples.
The process we must follow when using Biocomma is as follows:
- Write the information that we consider important regarding the sample on the label. We must do this before we take the shot.
- Depending on the purpose of the analysis, the swab may be used to collect samples from the relevant parts.
- Put the swab in the preservation solution immediately after we have taken the samples. Then you have to break the swab rod and finally close the lid firmly.
- Once the samples have been taken, they must be transported to the laboratory within two working days of collection. The storage temperature should range from 2 to 8 °C. If it cannot be delivered to the laboratory within 48 hours, it must be stored at -70°C or less, and ensure that the collected samples are delivered to the relevant laboratory within 1 week. In any case, we should avoid repeated freezing-thawing cycles.
- If the samples cannot be analyzed within 24 hours of collection, they must be stored at -70°C or lower (if there are no storage conditions at -70°C, they should be temporarily stored in the refrigerator at -20°C).
- Samples used for virus isolation and nucleic acid detection should be processed as soon as possible.
It should also be borne in mind that the use of Biocomma should not be carried out in the following cases:
– Not to be ingested.
– It’s irritating to the eyes and skin. If it accidentally splashes in your eyes, we should rinse with water.
– We must maintain ventilation during use.
– This product is a colourless, clear liquid. If the properties change, such as yellow, it should not be used
– This product is for in vitro diagnostics only.
– Waste from the sample collection solution will be sterilized.
– No leak.